Wednesday 27 June 2012

Westward Ho...

(Heh, I love anything with the word 'ho' in it. I know, I know. I'm ridiculously immature and wayyy too easily entertained. Researching a name for this post, I went through cowboy movie lists on wikipedia. Hours of fun, right there. Some of the names are priceless: 1. The ones that sound hilariously homo-erotic. eg. "Hard Hombre" 2. The ones that sound like romance novels eg. "The Sheriff's Baby" 3. The ones that have names with funny modern connotations "Blue Steel" 4. Ones with 'ho' in the title eg. "Westward Ho" 5. The ones that are just funny, full stop eg. "Rip Roarin' Buckaroo" and "Sing, Cowboy, Sing". Seriously, they're great. Have fun.)

So, I'm totally in love with Isabel Marant's A/W 2012, cowboy-inspired line, as well as both the male and female lines from Nicholas Kunz for the upcoming season. I need the sexiest cowboy boots I've ever seen, being sold in Topshop right now. And I'm only listening to the most country of Will Oldham's songs. On a loop. I think I'm driving my family insane...

...Too bad. The Wild West has captured my heart...and, for today, my wardrobe.

Don't worry, though, I'd never wear the hats...It's all about the nod at inspirations, not being overly-obvious and wearing them on your head.

Shirt - UO - Jeggings - Penney's - Shoes - A market in Italy - Earrings and Necklace - Bijou Brigitte - Silver cuff bracelet - Present from Mammy, no idea where it's from - Bag - Penney's





I was joined by the horses, who just wanted to get their pictures online. Camera slags.




My awesome cowboy boot/mules lovechild shoes.





Belle, my puppy (Even though she's all growed up, she remains a puppy in my eyes)


No comments:

Post a Comment