Monday 11 June 2012

The pros, cons and Docs of travel.

While I love going away I always dread packing. How do I know how I'll feel in a few days time? How can I plan ahead to dress my unpredictable moods? How do I choose between my clothes? It's a little heart-breaking to leave some behind. But that's really my own fault for being so damn sentimental.

I knew I had to be practical as my roommate warned me ahead of time that we'd be trekking around loads when we went to visit her but I also had to give myself enough clothes options so as not to feel stifled. The day I arrived was wet but humid so there were layers involved that could easily be lost if I became too warm. I also wore my Docs with longish shorts which was new. I needed tough shoes but even the idea of long pants made me sweat, ergo the compromise. I didn't think it would work but it did. The photos are kind of crap because I was in a new setting and had no photograph taking location established. Day two of the trip Sarah D had to take the photos for me which was super-nice of her but so awkward. I hate having my photo taken so this blog has been good at getting over that a little but has made me even more controlling about the who and how.


Top - Topshop - Necklace - Topshop - Earrings - Topshop - Shorts - Yessica


Customised vintage gym bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment