Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sonia Rykiel A/W 2012

This collection is amazing because of:

1. The knitwear.





There's an elegance about this knitwear but also something very young and modern. The two-piece cardigan is genius, a real stand-out and flash of inspiration. It allows for a classy crop style and flash of stomach but also a flattering one. The fifties-inspired two-pieces that were so big for S/S 2012 is given a cool and very modern twist. The other pieces are intensely wearable and beautifully restrained and simplistic. These are pieces to wear every day.

2. Beautifully flowy midi dresses.







Figure-fitting bodices, flowing skirts, midi-length. These dresses do the body skimming thing that is all over the catwalks for the coming season and I have to say that I'm really feeling it. The designs make me think of pared-back nymph; there is beautiful detail, and it is very feminine detail (ruffles, gathering, florals, chiffon), but there is nothing flashy about these clothes, they are quietly beautiful. I'm also way into the trousers under the dress in look four here, another big trend this season.

3. Peach tones.



With the black? So gorgeous! I'm so madly in love with that coat. It's a thing of great beauty (and my dreams). Santa? You remember the time I was hinting about the Marc Jacobs sneaker-wedges? Well, this, too, would be a lovely surprise if you're feeling generous.

4. The head-bands.



Kinda futuristic, kinda sporty. I love the wet-look, beachy, grungey hair. Totally added a cool-girl touch to the elegance of the outfits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment