Tuesday 10 July 2012

Alexander Wang Pre-Fall 2012.

I'm not really feeling Wang's A/W 2012 collection - a first, as I adore him to the max - but his Pre-Fall collection for this year is lovely; wonderfully modern, at times tailored, other times draped, sometimes androgynous, other times feminine. The palate is limited; largely grey, black, white and red with some pops of colour like yellow.

I adore the pleated coat-dress that is traditionally masculine on top and feminine on bottom. Other highlights are the leather peplums, the use of dresses or long tops over trousers (a look I love but find difficult to pull off) and the tailored shirts, waistcoats and jackets. A cohesive yet varied collection that would suit many a woman.

Sidebar: I always love his models. Major hair envy.











No comments:

Post a Comment