Saturday 28 July 2012

Taking photos...

I rediscovered my own camera yesterday. I've been stealing/borrowing my dad's since I've been home for the summer and because it's so much lighter, smaller and sharper than my own it got all the attention. However, I had forgotten that my camera has a really pretty black and white setting so I'm back to using that now. There's a lovely quality to the black and white shots, especially with flash. I had this idea of taking photos in the bath and then I kinda took over the entire bathroom for a bit. The idea of mirrors and mirroring images distracted me for ages - much to my dad's disgruntlement...It's a pity I'm such a control-freak and feel the need to be both in front of and behind the camera...makes things difficult...but I quite like the results of my struggles this time around. For me, it's really important for every aspect of an outfit post to be aesthetically pleasing - the photography, setting and concept as well as the outfit - but it's often difficult to manage to get things perfect on my own. I'm gradually getting better at being less of a controlling weirdo though, as I've allowed my sibs to take some photos. It's just awkward as I become insanely shy and uncomfortable if someone else is pointing the camera. Anyhoo, I think this post kind of outlines the closest thing to any one aesthetic that my style might adhere to; the love-child of Mario Testino's photos, Kurt Cobain and Carrie Bradshaw's wardrobes, shoujo manga and punk in it's original and derivative forms...

...when I'm not dressing according to other aesthetics I float towards like dude/goth/Stella McCartney/Alexander Wang/Kate Bosworth....








No comments:

Post a Comment