Saturday 7 June 2014

What's in my makeup bag?

So, until rather recently, I didn't carry a makeup bag around with me. I don't really tend to do touch-ups during the day as I always feel weird doing my makeup if it's either in front of others or in a public restroom or both. I just don't really want to spend more time than necessary in most bathrooms. I also have been dying to pee in a queue for the loos enough times to find it morally objectionable to add to the traffic in a bathroom. (What do women do in restrooms? Why are the lines always so long?)

*end mini rant*

But, as anyone who carries bags on the reg knows, it's always a pain to swap things to a new bag. It's also annoying to be unable to find anything you need in your bag. I normally only need my lip balm, perfume, blotting paper, compact mirror and sun cream during the day and decided to put them into a pouch to make them easier to find. Then I added in my other major essentials so I'm good to go if I end up crashing somewhere, some disaster befalls the makeup on my face and I feel the need to redo it all instead of just washing it off for some reason and to simply keep the stuff I use most together.

These essentials include my Dream Pure BB and Baby Lips in Peach Kiss from Maybelline,  17's Superlash mascara and eyeliner, Primark's Volume Boost mascara, Benefit's The Porefessional primer, TONYMOLY's Bunny Gloss Bar in Cherry, Topshop's Gloss Lipgloss in Long Time No See, Clinique's Eyeliner in Brown Sugar, a sample of Chloe (because it's easier than carrying the bottle), Dr Bronner Organic Lip Balm in Peppermint, L'Occitane's Cherry Blossom solid perfume, Catrice's Blotting paper, my compact which is from the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork with an image from Harry Clarke's Eve of St Agnes and my Nivea Sun Kids Pocket Size sunscreen SPF 50. The bag is from Lulu Guinness and I use it as a makeup bag and clutch intermittently. I do think it's too gorgeous to be forever given the supporting role of makeup bag, non?






What's key in your makeup bag? Anyone interested in me doing a post on my daily makeup routine, comment below!

(Everything I've talked about has been linked where possible and something similar in some cases)

No comments:

Post a Comment