Tuesday 16 September 2014

Burberry SS15 Makeup Look

So, to unwind when I arrived home today, I sat and watched Youtube videos with a cup of tea. Two of my favourite Beauty bloggers/vloggers, essiebutton and ViviannaDoesMakeup, had both uploaded videos comprising of behind-the-scenes at Burberry SS15, the show, the makeup and how to do it yourself. Sometimes, these runway looks strike me so much, I need to try my hand at them (like this one from Chanel last year)! So, with two videos on the topic watched and my makeup spread across my bed, I set to work!

Sadly, I didn't have all the Burberry swag necessary to create the look but, as is often the case, I improvised. Here's what I supplemented the products with and the two tutorials from the gals!



(Images via vogue.co.uk)





So, for the base, to get the dewy, sunkissed look, I pumped a bit of Maxfactor's Facefinity Primer on the back of my hand and mixed it with Philosophy's Divine Illumination before applying with my fingers. Then I used Dermalogica's Sheer Tint in Light as a BB with the right amount of coverage and dewiness. Lastly, I used Shiseido's Concealer to cover blemishes, for under the eye and along the bridge of the nose.

Next. I filled in my brows with Benefit's Brows A-Go-Go and Billion Dollar Brows' Hint of Tint in Taupe.

Then I loaded a brush with the matte shade of Tan Organic's Bronzer and applied it to my eyelids. I also used this as a contour under my cheekbones.

Lastly, I mixed two shades of lipstick to try and emulate that gorgeous Ruby shade from Burberry - Topshop's Vamp and Rimmel's Kate in 01. I applied a coat of the Rimmel with a lip brush and applied the Topshop over to deepen it and then patted a little directly from the tube on top.

And voilĂ ! Kinda the same thing, right?





Enjoy, and have fun with your look. I mean, who even needs mascara, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment