Friday 30 May 2014

Little Gem: Crushing on Thérapie's Skincare Stock.

If you're one of my Irish readers (soz, everyone else) you'll probably have seen the ads for Thérapie on tv. If so, you'll probably associate the company with laser-hair removal. In fact, much more is going on in their little complex on Molesworth Street. There is a shop, clinic and hair salon all next to each other on the street. Never having spent much time on the street nor having gone inquiring about their hair removal services, I didn't know much about them until last week when I was making my way to the National Library. What first caught my eye was the Murad products I could spot through the window. I had an appointment to make so I continued past but made a mental note to return and check it out.

Last night, on my way home from the city centre, I decided to pop by as most shops stay open later on Thursdays. It just so happened that when I stumbled in they were having an Ultimate Body Event with 20% off all treatments and body products in store (check out their facebook page to keep an eye out for similar events in the future). They were also passing around champagne...I am a jammy fecker.


Not only that but when I asked if it was okay to take photos to do a focus on their products and services, I was promptly introduced to their PR person, Abigail, who was lovely and very kind to me. I don't know why I am constantly surprised by how sweet people are in these situations - perhaps I'm innately cynical - but I am always pleasantly surprised.


Top-notch waiting room reading material, non?




Teeth are important too!

For me, it's the skincare that excites me most. I don't know if I'm weird but luxury skincare makes me gah with delight way more than makeup! To see that they stocked Murad and Eve Lom got me a wee bit giddy. This was heightened when Abigail told me that Dr Murad himself had visited recently and they may have future events with him/the brand again. Other skincare brands that can be found in store are Royal Apothic and Image Skincare and one can get facials and other skincare treatments in the clinic from Murad, Eve  Lom, Image and Dermalogica with prices starting at €50.

The product I'll definitely be popping back in for, however, has to be the Murad Oil-Free Sunscreen Broad Spectrum in SPF 30. At the moment it's reduced to €12.95 so it's a major bargain! And sun protection might not seem like the most glamourous purchase but IT'S SO IMPORTANT. I tried this in store and it's so hydrating and smooth!

Annoyingly only realised this person's glass was in the way once I got home! But that's the sunscreen.

So, how about you guys? As passionate about skincare as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment