Sunday 29 March 2015

Liebster

The lovely Gráinne of Trés-Belle Blog recently nominated me for a Liebster Award. These are awards for and from bloggers, allowing them to get to know each other and to let their readers get to know them a little better and to maybe allow people to find new blogs to read.

Each blogger answers 11 questions as asked by the person who nominated them, shares 11 facts about themselves and nominates 5-11 other bloggers.

So, here goes.

weab


Random Facts about Colette:


- I'm actually Colette Fitzpatrick III. I was named after my father's mother and his sister was also given her name.

- It might be no surprise to regulars here, but I love anime and manga. My favourites are Skip Beat, Akatsuki no Yona, Saiunkoku Monogatari and Hanasakeru Seishonen.

- I have a rather worrying obsession with ankle boots.

- I'm a serious Joss Whedon nerd. Especially Buffy. So much so that I watched episodes and read fic (I know) instead of studying for my Leaving Cert (final exams of secondary school in Ireland) and even now if Whedon's name is mentioned at home, my dad gets really annoyed.

- I have little interaction with traditional media and consume pretty much all of my entertainment online.

- My mother used to call me Tweety as a baby because my eyes were so big.

- I love poetry. Particularly the Romance poets and Poe (I'm a hideous cliché, I'm aware).

-The first interview I ever did was with 30 Seconds to Mars. I've never been a massive fan but it was really difficult to stay composed as an eighteen year-old doing her first interview...

- I'm a ridiculous romantic. My parents and grandparents all have the most perfect love stories and it kinda ruined me for anything else.

- Tea makes me sigh in the most inappropriate of ways but I love it SO MUCH.

- I'm clumsy in a really not-cute, falls-up-stairs, trips-over-own-feet, burns-self-constantly kind of way.

- My favourite historical period of fashion is Regency but specifically the ideal of Regency style that was actually rarely a reality. I'm talking seriously pure, clean neo-classical gowns.



Madame Raymond de Verninac by David

Les Questions:


1. What is your favourite thing to blog about?

Fashion that has me so excited I want to run around screaming. I'm pretty passionate about the things I like and express that enthusiastically. So, any time something has me giddy - shows, collections, collaborations, shoots, debates - I can't wait to share that with other people.




2. Where do you get your inspiration to blog?

Art, books, films, music, exhibitions, light, beautiful vistas, articles, street style - basically, I see my blog as a creative outlet responding to those of others. Anything that opens up a discourse has me running to my laptop.




3. What is your special talent?

I'd like to think I have a few talents but I would say that my special one is seeing beauty where others may not.




4. Where do you see yourself in five years?

Still doing this, always having blogging as my self-directed passion project. But with an established career as a writer in Ireland. 




5. What is your middle name?

I have two - Breda (for my other granny) and Acushla (for my sister).




6. If you were a superhero what superpowers would you have?

Probably being able to teleport or fly so I could travel for free and never have to worry about commuting. As I think about others I can't help but feel many would come with intense pressure and responsibility. I think it would be pretty cool to be like Ditto or Rogue and be able to take on other skills from people when you're envious of them.




7. Would you ever go on Big Brother?

Good God, no. That seems like a very particular form of torture. Everything you do being televised? Being trapped with strangers 24/7? No, thank you.




8. Do you like reality t.v.?

Not especially. I like some fashion ones because they give insight into aspects of the industry but the drama, especially when forced, just stresses me out. If I'm going for reality, I'd prefer a documentary.




9. What really grinds your gears?

I don't like people letting me down or failing to fulfil promises. Teenagers in groups that are up to no good irritate me as I'm secretly ninety years-old. Internet or computer issues make me want to scream in rage. And I hate unnecessary drama - a lack of turmoil, a boring life does not make. 



10. What is your beauty must-have?

All of my skincare. Over my make-up. Any day. All day....Seriously, I love skincare.



11. What's your favourite season and why?

Summer, hands down. My skin and hair LOVE the sun and I feel so much happier with the Vitamin D intake. I also like, as an adult, that the day is longer so there's time after work to hang out with your friends in the sun.



My Questions:


1. Why did you start blogging?

2. Why do you continue to do so?

3. Who inspires you? Bloggers or otherwise?

4. What five things can't you live without?

5. What's your biggest dream(s)?

6. You win a ridiculous amount of money - first thing you do?

7. Favourite thing about the internet?

8. Least favourite?

9. Philosophy or guiding principle you live your life by?

10. Guilty pleasure?

11. Meaning of life?






My Nominees:

Niamh from Remember Rayne
Teddy and Alex from Teddy & Alex
Lauren from Girl About Town
The Gang at Nine Crows on their blog


Thanks again to Gráinne. Peace out.




Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment