Tuesday 21 October 2014

Lusty Beg Island

Located outside Kesh, Co Fermanagh on an island measuring 75 acres is Lusty Beg Island. It's a hugely popular wedding venue, hotel and spa, set in the scenic surrounds of Lough Erne.

I got invited to come review the spa and hotel this past weekend so here's my pictures and thoughts.


I ended up bringing almost the whole family along with me in the end. Originally, my mam was going to just come as my guest but (SPOILER: and this is my only real complaint about the whole place and experience) it's extremely difficult to get to without a car. As I don't drive and Mammy won't drive that far/can't navigate at all, Daddy had to play chauffeur and they ended up getting another room and throwing my little bro in with me. 

But actually, it was pretty nice to all go away together. And the craic was mighty in the car on the way up. For example, the conversation in which we all explained to Mam that she couldn't spend euros in Northern Ireland was pretty hilarious.

When we finally got to the island, we were surprised that there's no bridge - you have to take a little ferry across! The gorgeousness of the surroundings was immediately apparent and the staff at reception were exceptionally kind and helpful.




Upon checking in, we went to have a gawk at the cabins we were staying in, two down from each other. Facing out onto the lake, the cabins are uber-quaint on the outside and modern and sleek on the inside while remaining warm and a little rustic. That the toiletries were by VOYA was a lovely, and welcome, touch. Also surprising and welcome was that I'd been given the cabin with a hot tub. 










Next, I hit up the spa for a massage (my life is so tough) and then a swim. Maria, my masseuse, was unbelievably lovely and everything smelled of VOYA products...pretty much the whole island, to be honest. Mam had a facial the next morning and we both had only glowing things to say about the experience and skin.

It's also good to bear in mind that they often have great deals at the spa. For example, at the moment you can get a half hour massage and express facial for £50 and there's also 15% off VOYA products.








And then there was the food. Oh, the food. Dad and I had heard it was good when we went for a swim but dinner was an absolute winner. I had slow-cooked pork to start, shank of lamb and champ and the pear and almond tart accompanied by a lovely Australian Pinot. Breakfast was a bucket of strawberries, perfectly toasted toast and marmalade, tea and fresh juice.








The whole experience was so lovely and I was so impressed by both the staff and services. And I lied earlier, I have one more complaint: I wish I could have stayed forever. 

There are a whole host of outdoor activities available on the island and I would have loved to have gone for another swim, more treatments, more of a wander around the island...Really, if you're going, bring a good book, good company and stay for a few days. It's the perfect place to get away from everything and just breathe for a while.

To close, have some more photos of the decor and scenery.























I'd like to thank Lusty Beg for having me and my family and for being so great. We had an amazing time.

If you're intrigued by what you've seen here, check out their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment