Friday 22 August 2014

MY AW14 Trends.

So, yeah, trends come and go and, as a fashion blogger and aspiring fashion journalist, I have to be aware of them. That doesn't mean, however, that I tend to take them all that seriously. More often than not, I adopt current silhouettes along palettes and themes of my own devising. This way, I still feel as though I'm looking relevant but not slavishly doing as everyone else is. Plus, highstreet fashion is constantly aeons behind the runway anyway. Fashion is an industry and a machine and in order to be economically viable it ploughs on ahead at an intimidating pace, you can try to keep apace with it or weave your own path.

Styling is a great way to breathe new life into looks because things are constantly resurfacing in new guises. For example, the turtle neck is back again this AW. Personally, I'm enjoying the idea of styling it with easy-chic pieces, restraint and then an unexpected flash of lace. Bring a bit of gothic into contemporary urban clothing.

Staple items cropping up that I know I want to invest in are midi-skirts, trench coats and cloaks. There's space for these things in my wardrobe and, if the right ones are chosen, they'll serve me well for years to come as they are timeless pieces. Sometimes it's good to invest as well as indulge in fleeting fancies - though those are important too!

Basically, what I'm trying to say, in a round about way, is I've devised and decided to embrace  my own (well, one is more of a common way of life for many) adaptations of trends for this coming season. These are the six modes of dress that I'll be rocking. They are, in no particular order; Too Kawaii to Function (Or Sailor-Influenced Cuteness, Basic Witch (aren't I funny), Neo Irish, All Black Everything (said way of life), Trench Girl Chic and Pastel Sabbath.

aw14 the looks

So, which one is your favourite? How are you putting your spin on AW14?

No comments:

Post a Comment