Saturday 23 August 2014

Light and Shade

I was definitely an Impressionist in a past life.

And a mermaid.

Light, shadows, the sea - they just call to me. I'm more likely to stop dead in my tracks on the street because of a pretty shadow than a celebrity. They just mystify me - that something so without form can be so astonishingly visible and potent. Am I even making sense?

Basically, I like to think I see beauty in things most people walk past. Is that conceited? Grandiose? Reality? It's hard to tell. But, to me, the things most beautiful are inconstant, fleeting, changing and the idea of capturing them on film is both sacrilegious and necessary - an alluring combination for someone without belief, raised Catholic, non?


















What captures your imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment