Wednesday 20 August 2014

Brand Crush: Warby Parker.

When the brand contacted me, I had heard their name before but I knew little about them. A quick browse of their site immediately won me over - great design, collaborations with the likes of Beck, matching each pair bought with one for someone in need and uber-cute campaigns...need I say more?


Going back to the charity aspect for a moment - they've actually donated over a million frames now via the Buy a Pair, Give a Pair incentive which sees Non-Profit partners given a donation with each Warby Parker purchase to buy glasses and pass them on to entrepreneurs they've trained in countries such as India and Guatemala. This means they're not just throwing money cluelessly at charities but building a system that creates jobs as well. I love that the brand is a For-Profit not only determined to deliver good design and good service at lower prices but to also positively affect the wider world.

Bonus: They're carbon-neutral.

Bonus bonus: They sell a monocle. I'm not even shitting you.

Be still, my beating heart.

Eyewear has been such a big part of my life. Since I got laser-eye surgery two years ago, I've really missed my glasses. Don't get me wrong - it's an amazing freedom to not need them! But, still. They were a comfort blanket. And part of me since I was seven. So, I sometimes long for a pair once more. On the flip-side, for the first time I can wear sunglasses and I do so almost every day now - no matter the season.




As I have this deep connection to all things eyewear, I feel I have the right to share how I would style glasses. I've chosen two pairs - eyeglasses and sunglasses - from the Warby Parker Waterways Collection which I'm kind of obsessed with. (I'm a bit of a Waterbaby so the dreamy, underwater campaign images are majorly doing it for me.) So, here goes!


Warby Parker - The Piper

Warby Parker - The Percey



So, what do you guys think? Crushing as bad as me? Check Warby Parker out on facebook and twitter and consider carefully your next eyewear purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment