Saturday 29 March 2014

DIY Mother's Day Card

I really don't like cards bought in shops. I mean, they're grand, they do the job but I think homemade ones are just a lot better. Especially for really close loved ones.

Part one of two Mother's Day DIYs, is this card. It's pretty simple and easy to make but the sentiment is nice, non?


Basically, it involves making cut-outs in the shape of hearts with messages underneath. I went with different names for mother as it goes with the message I'll put inside but you could also write reasons you love your mammy, things to thank her for etc.

So, here we go. 


You'll need:

At least two sheets of paper/card
A scissors
Ribbon
A hole-punch

1. Fold two sheets in half together and punch two holes at the point where they are folded over.




2. Fold half of one of the sheets of paper accordion-style like so.


3. Make cut-outs in your preferred shape like so and arrange as you choose.



4. I then ironed it flat again.


5. Pick your colours and fill in your messages.



6. Draw lines of colour in the remaining creases.



7. Use ribbon to tie the two sheets together.


8. If you want, you can make a mini-bunting across the interior with your cut-outs. Et voilá! 


Hope this might be useful to someone...anyone. Happy Mother's Day, y'all.

PS. If anyone makes this DIY, do send me a picture to fitzpac2@gmail.com, I'd LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment