Saturday 27 October 2012

The Blog Post equivalent of Snail Mail.

I haven't done an outfit post in a while. Mostly because I feel like a dork asking people to take my photo and also because I always forget until the light is crap.

As I'm at home this weekend and get to play with more of my wardrobe at large, I present a Hallowe'en inspired outfit of all black (with some navy), capes and dramatic silhouette. Lil' more drama than I normally go for but I was having a good day where being presented with a mirror made me say "Not so bad" instead of "Why can't I be Audrey Horne?" and that always leads to dressing up. Speaking of Ms. Horne, I also accentuated my freckle with an eyebrow pencil, kind of getting in the habit of it, and it's largely an homage to her.

The top is a black vintage suedette thing my Mam was throwing out a while back. I can't figure out if I love it or hate it...but it fascinates me. It's so unique and the silhouette is very vampish meets Mexican peasant from an old western. The skirt is my basic black tube skirt which I have been trying to find forever! (You'll probably see much more of it!) The shoes, navy suede flatforms from Topshop and the cape, another item stolen from my very stylish mother.

PS Using my brother's full-length mirrors again. Why are they the only ones in the house?! There he is dutifully studying away in the background. How adorable. Also, excuse the mess and smudges on the mirror. The wardrobe's been there a few months now so it's less super-sparkly. And as for the mess...well, he's a teenage boy...




No comments:

Post a Comment