Friday 20 February 2015

Packing for LFW!

So, I'm off to my first fashion week in the wee (far to wee) hours of tomorrow morning. This time tomorrow, I'll be there! I'll post about shows I go to and my outfits over the course of the weekend but I thought it might be interesting to post about packing for it too.

I'm only going to be there for two full days and have had my outfits planned for sometime. This being said, it was still tricky to ensure I was packing as light as possible. Outfits can be planned but the unknown can't be and this is something to consider especially when you're as clumsy as I.


In order to keep things to the minimum, I stuck to those two plans, one to be worn to the airport and that day, the other to be packed away with a pair of jeans to swap out the second more formal trousers, if necessary, a dressy top in case of evening activities and a spare basic tee. Shoes, considering the trotting around required, were kept to the slip-ons I'll wear over and a pair of flat black ankle boots.

In addition to these we have a pair of pyjamas, delicates, skincare and showering items, make-up, make-up brushes, jewellery, cables and portable charger, laptop, camera and a backpack containing travel documents, passport, wallet, day planner, map, journal and reading materials.

Note the use of Cos dust-covers to hold smaller items - keep these if you get them, they're so handy for keeping things together!

DSCF0746

The bags I'm taking are a Samsonite stolen from Dad and my Mel backpack that he brought me back from Singapore.

DSCF0751

Inside the Mel are the journal and diary, a plastic pocket with all my documents so they can be kept together but still scanned readily (my passport lives in there too), wallet, pens, spare batteries for my camera and my map of London that everyone's been mocking me about but, hey, you can't always depend on technology! And I don't want to get lost, if I can help it.

DSCF0753

Inside the suitcase we have the laptop on top with pouches of toiletries just underneath for going through security with ease.  

DSCF0755

In the flap on the top, I have my boots and headphones and cables, again ready for security but also to keep everything in order and clean. Cos bag being implemented for cables here.

DSCF0757

DSCF0758

Tucked next to my clothes are the toiletries bags, as mentioned, and two more Cos bags with jewellery and delicates.

DSCF0759

DSCF0762

With the toiletries and make-up, I kept any samples or minis I've been given for my next trip so I had loads of stuff ready that was more compact than my normal extensive skincare regime. The toiletries are in a clear travel bag I got in H&M and the make-up in a sandwich bag I've popped into my Betsy Johnson make-up bag so they can be removed easily.

And there you have it! Trying to pack light and for quick passage through the airport without missing out on style or comforts. 

Talk soon! With lots of LFW news and insights!

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment