Sunday 3 November 2013

Tide-Dye.


We Are Islanders is an Irish design collective made up of a designer, Rosie O'Reilly, a producer, Kate Nolan and a communications expert, Deirdre Hynds. As well as having innovative ideas for design and production, the label is all about sustainability. This intrigued me greatly, the first time I heard about the label, because being kinder to the earth is always something I'm all for. The performative aspect of the label - they dyed some pieces using the tide - and the fact that the A/W 2013 collection debuted in the RHA gallery is also fascinating. I do love when fashion and art collide. Therefore, I was super-excited to receive an email with images and deets on what they've been up to!




The pieces below are so amazing and modern and wearable and quietly lovely. I want them all. And I really wish I got this email sooner as black and white is the dress code for my grad in a couple of days - an outfit would have been sorted so much more easily!

Love, love, love.







Find the online store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment