Wednesday 22 April 2015

Vans x & Other Stories

In my misspent youth, I was a Converse and Doc Martens kind of girl. When I say that, I don't mean I wore them. Of course, I did wear them but it was more than that. I was devotedto them with the unquestioning, unwavering passionate loyalty only teenagers can muster. Vans, therefore, I saw as a diversion. Ridiculous, I'm aware but I felt about Vans and Converse they way some people feel about Pop and Punk or Marvel and D.C. You had to choose one altar to pray at, you couldn't dip a toe into each shoe.

Now, I have a battered old pair of Vans that are one of my default pairs of shoes. I have many, many pairs of high-top Cons, in various colours and patterns, and the trusty old Docs I crack out for gigs and festivals but both varieties of shoe require effort and time to wedge them on your feet. I've become far too lazy, and not nearly devoted enough, for things you can't slip on your feet on a regular basis.

So, you could say I'm a convert.

When I saw that Vans and (wonderful, wonderful) & Other Stories were collaborating, it was kind of magic.

It was this iconic brand, somewhat synonymous with being teenaged, getting a lesson in how to be elegant and grown up. And the results? Just charming - restrained but still fun.

The collaboration has produced three pairs of shoes, purchasable from the & Other Stories site. Two are in a pretty blushy nude leather and the other is a monochrome spotted number that's very 101 Dalmations. You can get slip-ons in the nude and spotted print and the lace-up shoe is only available in the nude.

But, really, it's the campaign images that are slaying me. I mean, trop dreamy, or what?


& Other Stories | A Co-Lab with Vans

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | On the dot

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration

& Other Stories | Inspiration



What do you guys think of the collab?


*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment