Saturday 1 September 2012

Jem and the Holograms.


I don't think I can fully explain my love for Jem. Just hearing the songs brings me back to being a little girl again and this was probably the only really girly thing that I ever really liked. Jem was everything I ever wanted to be; a rockstar in an all-girl band, she had pink hair, she was tall, drove awesome cars, travelled the world and had crazy adventures and wore amazing outfits. There is way more pink in the show than I thought I'd ever enjoy but the songs were catchy and despite some dire eighties travesties the clothes were generally awesome. Besides, fashion is about trying things out and having fun with clothes. And, boy, did they have fun with clothes!








These fantastic sketches, as well as the entire series' worth of outfits for all the main characters can be found on the site below. All credits to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment