Tuesday 26 May 2015

Little Gem: Folkster

Last year, I posted about the arrival of Folkster (and sister brands Shutterbug and Gild & Cage) in Dublin with much excitement. A friend worked in the Kilkenny branch and I had creeped on the store online for years but had never experienced it for myself. Ergo the joy when Dublin got her own branch!

It was only recently that I realised I had yet to dedicate a "Little Gem" post to the store.

And obviously that needed rectifying.

Based on Eustace Street, right by the IFI, the store is divided into three main sections. You enter into clothing both new and vintage, alongside jewellery and accessories, proceed through the homewares and gifts and end up in the more formal department where the changing rooms also live. As I mentioned last time, one of my favourite things about the store is that it caters for a wide range of women and budgets. It's somewhere to buy stompy boots and pretty dresses. To pick up a funny card for a friend's birthday or choose a wedding dress. Buy a whole wardrobe update or a statement necklace. Grab a new mug or rug.

There's lots to see and choose from but I never feel overwhelmed or panicky (Topshop Oxford Circus made me break out in a sweat) because it's all masterfully and artfully arranged and organised. You'll also be hard pressed to find nicer staff who have the balance of helping when you're lost while never over-crowding you so down.

If you're nearby and want to support an Irish company, get something a little different, find Fairtrade brands, vintage pieces or get items from labels such as Jeffrey Campbell and Miista (which can be difficult to get your hands on in Ireland), this is the place for you!

P.S. Dat light tho. All shops should be this airy and bright.


DSCF2068

DSCF2069

DSCF2066

DSCF2065

DSCF2064

DSCF2063

DSCF2062

DSCF2061

DSCF2060

DSCF2058

DSCF2057

DSCF2056

DSCF2055

DSCF2053

DSCF2052

DSCF2051

DSCF2050

DSCF2049

DSCF2047

DSCF2046

DSCF2044

DSCF2043

DSCF2042

DSCF2035

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment