Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Wide-Eyed and Blind Best of 2013.

There is little rhyme or reason to this list, just a love for everything on it.

Best Fragrance: L'Occitane Cherry Blossom.

It's the girliest scent I've owned in easily a decade but, boy, is it beautiful. LOVE.


Best Beauty Product: L'oreal Manga Eyes - Purple

Not so practical or natural looking but oh-so adorable. The most fun product I've bought in a long time.


Best collection: Stella McCartney AW 2013-14. 

She never disappoints. Particularly I loved the masculine shapes and fabrics, clean lines and continuation of something understated in a year when even Ms Philo nodded her head at something other than minimalism.



Best Buy: My Isabel Marant x H&M pants. 

Hands down. They're so comfy and lovely. Technically they were a gift from my siblings but meh, technicalities.

Here they are behind the tank which was a close second for this category.


Best New TV Series: The Originals/Once Upon a Time in Wonderland/Reign.

So, I bitched out and chose three. It was too hard to pick just one winner! The Originals is up there because I'm such a TVD fan and the spin-off wonderfully didn't let me down. I also have a wee bit of a thing for Phoebe Tonkin. And I'm a sucker for tales of redemption so I'm holding out hope for Klaus - although, he'd better not become too tame...

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland surprised me. I love Alice's character so much and to see the whole Damsel in Distress thing turned on its head is awesome.

And, Reign. How could I forget Reign? The costumes, the love story, the soap opera notes.....it's just perfect.



Best Album: Night Time, My Time by Sky Ferreira

I was waiting on this album and it held up. First album in ages that has been both a fave and danceable - all good things.


PS They're just boobs, world, get over it.

Best Track: Lift me Up by Mree

Repeat much? So, so beautiful.


Best Movie: Much Ado About Nothing/Before Midnight.

Joss and a fantastic third installment - what's not to love?



Best Book: Dracula.

Yes, I finally got around to reading it. And I was finally old enough not to be too freaked out (much). Bonus points for my edition being a reproduction of the original. So much nicer than gaudy, modern editions.


Best Editorial: Arizona Muse for Vogue Russia by Tom Craig, June 2013

So effortless and lovely.



Best Model: Arizona Muse.

Runner-up for Best Hair and one of my favourite models for a while now. She's defo having a moment.


Best Dressed: Mary Queen of Scots.

She may be a stylised version of the past and a character in a tv show but DAMN.


Best Hair: Freja Beha Erichsen

Sigh. Everything I want in hair. I've been banned by many people in my life from cutting my hair though....

No comments:

Post a Comment