Thursday 6 December 2012

Chanel Pre A/W 2013


SO MUCH GAH!

This collection is something special. I haven't been this in love in a while. It seems the pres are where Karl is at his most eccentric and genius. 

The little girl in me is giddy. I was never a particularly girly child but I dare even the most "macho" of men to look at this collection and resist the urge to don a tiara. It's so very princessy! Clearly, the collection is inspired by royal or court costume of various periods and Scottish heritage. CHANEL + PLAID + HISTORICAL INSPIRATION MAKES ME HAPPY. I'm sorry, I'm just quite excited. You've probably noticed. 

Delicate, pointy shoes.
Stompy boots.
Lace.
Jewel embellishment.
Plaids and tartans.
COLLARS.

It's like visual poetry, non?

(All  images from vogue.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment