Wednesday 2 October 2013

Be my Valentino?

No, seriously. Like, I'm properly in love. DAMN, Valentino. Etc.

The S/S 2014 Valentino collection managed to do several of the things I love to see happening in conjunction with each other; it remained true to the brand, it was beautiful but it also surprised me. The silhouettes - body skimming and enviably flattering - and the encrusted gorgeousness remain the same. But a new approach has come about. Something slightly older, earthier and vaguely ethnic. It seems a plethora of cultures served as the inspiration and what inspiration! The embroidery and workmanship is nothing short of remarkable. The colours are masterfully matched. Colour me impressed - especially by the fact that the quantity of pieces has not made for a dip in their quality. And sign me up for every single piece.









(Images via vogue.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment