Friday 31 January 2014

Wide-Eyed and Bargain - SEVENTEEN SUPERlash Mascara

Another new segment here on Wide-Eyed and Blind is going to be bargains I share with y'all. This probably won't be a weekly post but I'll try to do one every time I've got a good'ne.


I mentioned having bought SEVENTEEN's new mascara in a previous post. Now, I'll admit to having initially been suckered in by the cute packaging - it intrigued me, what can I say? I've never bought anything from the brand before but have been previously tempted by its price bracket and packaging.

The pop art style of design and reference to superheroes in the bold primary colour scheme immediately drew my interest but it was the bargain that cinched the deal. At the moment, if you buy it in Boots, it's at a lower introductory price of €5.99 plus with a free gift of their SUPERlash eyeliner pen.

So, I bit the bullet and gave it a go.



And boy, am I impressed by both products. The mascara has a wand with a small brush that creates a fuller lash look that is very natural and suited to everyday use. The combination of the eyeliner pen (the first I've used) and mascara promises to be great for more dramatic event or evening looks. The eyeliner is very dark and the shape of the nib means that it can be applied quite thick or more thinly and precisely if you have a steady hand. I certainly am going to need some practice if I want to get the hang of it.



Overall, I'm impressed. The mascara is probably going to become a regular favourite and it rivals my sister's recent purchase of the Mac Extended Play mascara, at a much lower price. The liner proves tricky for someone as inept with makeup as I but I like it and it'll be fun for procrastination days.

If you're in search of a new mascara, look no further - especially if you're not up for spending a whole lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment