Thursday 30 January 2014

What (crazy stuff)'s in my bag? WEaB-style.

(WEaB - It's short for Wide-Eyed and Blind...I just thought that setting up a short-hand miiight just be easier for everyone in the long run.)

So, many of you will be familiar with What's in my bag? videos, blog posts and interviews but mine has a wee bit of a twist.

You see, when I was in first year of my undergrad degree, in the first term, very near to the start of the year, I went to a comedy gig. It was my first and I was nervous - I'd seen dvd's of live comedy gigs and it had put the fear of God into me. I knew not to sit in or near the front row. My party, however, had other plans. Horror of horror, the comedian (who I shall not name but now like to call my Arch-Nemesis just because I like the idea of having one - I'm not that bitter, I swear) spotted my shopping underneath my seat and proceeded to empty my bags on stage.

I took it better than I thought I would, I laughed along and agreed that I had a pretty weird collection of things. There was a lunchbox-grater, a season of Angel on VHS tapes, a wireless mouse, Microsoft Office something and other things that now evade memory.

The point of all this is that, traditionally, my friends have known me to be the person with weird crap in their bag. Whether it's an attempt to be prepared for anything, a shopping expedition I forgot to unpack or having spotted something bizarre that would make a particular friend smile, there's generally a reason for the weird. But it doesn't make it any less weird.

So, now, as a light-hearted take on the What's in my bag? and a fun new weekly post, I introduce what was in my bag two days ago. 


Bag: Longchamp Nylon Le Pliage in Beige. See here. 
Wallet: Mulberry. Similar here.
Sunglasses: Topshop. See here.

Random Crap:

I went into the two euro shop for one thing...and then ended up buying...
Pirate sword and mask set (so fun),
Travel mug,
Spray bottle (for a DIY coming soooon),
Hello Kitty Glow Jewellery Kit,
Knight helmets x 2 (AWESOME),
Spongebob Squarepants sweets.

I also had my passport, dayplanner, pencil case (with an Andy Warhol print, bought by my uncle in the Met), Smarties in case I got peckish and a Miro notebook.

A visit to Fallon & Byrne (a supermarket) saw me purchase Mulled Wine spice bundles for the 'rents because it may no longer be the season but they are still fans.

Nourish, a health food store, saw me pick up a new toothbrush which is biodegradable and made from sustainable materials.

And, finally, in Boots I grabbed a Real Techniques blending sponge and a SEVENTEEN SUPERlash Mascara plus free eyeliner. These are all great and I will review very, very soon.

Kinda eclectic, huh? Tune in for next week's edition!

Colette out.

No comments:

Post a Comment