Sunday 10 February 2013

Alexander Wang A/W 2013-14 is a bit of a knock-out...


...seriously though.

The silhouettes are so modern and where cool dressing is at - a combination of body skimming and steamlined bulk - seems like an oxymoron, I know, but Wang's managed it. I love the tailored pants and coats, the skirts + bulky jumper combo, the quirky use of fur, the booties, the half-shoe, the restrained palette and the use of leather. There's a lot to love here. And it's not just because he happens to be one of my favourite designers (who can do almost no wrong), either. Sure, there are some pieces I would not wear personally but it's a cohesive and cuddly, somewhat practical collection with a clear vision. 

PS That's not to say I'd be adverse to someone giving me anything from the collection. HINT HINT.







Did I mention how much I love him?

(All images from vogue.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment