Wednesday, 13 April 2016

REVIEW: Artistry Exact Fit Longwearing Foundation SPF15

When a press release for a foundation has words like "flawless" and "natural" together, I'm always intrigued. Artistry is a brand that I had only heard of last year but their skincare blew me away - I've never been so into a toner before in my life - and the packaging makes it immediately apparent that the brand actively targets an Asian market, which is bound to make me curious as Japan and South Korea, in particular, are a discerning lot when it comes to cosmetics. I was keen to see if their make-up lived up to their skincare.

The Artistry Exact Fit Longwearing Foundation (RRP €48.95) is a mattifying, medium coverage with SPF15 that claims to offer 24 hour coverage (not that anyone would ever want/need such a thing), to mimic the appearance of skin perfectly and to contain ingredients that "are time-and-climate controlled to constantly know their place, and stay there, even in high temperatures or humidity".

I definitely can back the claim that it is long-lasting and wears well. It isn't perfect after a few hours on the skin but fades gracefully so that you don't have to worry about it or go in with touch-ups.

It is also true that the finish is very natural and skin-like. While it was slightly heavier coverage than I normally choose, I loved how it looked on the skin - and I am very discerning about the look and texture of applied foundation.

However, I would add a small caveat to save you time and effort, should you be interested in trying this one out for yourself: there is something odd about the formulation. Not necessarily bad, per se, but it doesn't take to being messed with or manipulated. I normally mix foundations with moisturiser or the Urban Decay B6 prep spray but the Exact Fit Foundation separates and applies poorly if you try this.

It is best applied on a moisturised and prepped face, over a silicon-based primer and in small dabs all over the face, which can then be blended out. If you apply a larger quantity to the centre of your face and go in to blend it outwards, it won't spread well and stay largely on the area it began. This will cause the foundation to look thick and unnatural. If you take my advice and apply small amounts of a single pump all over the face and then blend out with your hands, the result will be silky, flawless and really, really pretty.

Additionally, everything about this foundation looks and feels very luxe. It reminds me a little bit of something Armani would produce but at a lower price bracket. The bottle itself is really pretty and would look damn classy on a night stand but is also practical in that it has a pump dispenser (wayyy more hygienic) and the pump can be locked and cap snapped into place to prevent unfortunate disasters in a make-up bag/handbag/suitcase.

If you are looking for a really natural-looking foundation with decent coverage that is feels more premium than it costs, this might be one to try out!

IMG_6577

IMG_6579

IMG_6580

IMG_6581

IMG_6582

IMG_6583

IMG_6585

IMG_6588
Barely visible on the skin (Admittedly, this is truer for the smooth, perfect skin of the back of my hand. Over blemishes and dry patches on my face, it is less utterly flawless)

IMG_6589

IMG_2998
On my actual face you can see that some blemishes on my chin (damn hormones) show through a little but the overall result is pretty, natural and smoothes out the skin tone.

*

(This item has been sent to me as a press sample but I was not paid for this review and all opinions are my own.)

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook - instagram.

2 comments:

  1. I have problems applying it, I'm glad you talked about what kind of primer should be used with this foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little tricky to get a handle on alright but once you do it looks lovely!

      Delete