Monday, 15 February 2016

Swatch SS16

Okay, confession: I don't really wear watches that much. Or jewellery. Or make-up for that matter. And, yet, I talk about make-up all the time. I suppose having an interest in design is what matters here and I was actually really intrigued when Swatch invited me to their press preview because I kind of had a set idea of what they were. But the fact that they were having a press day at all meant they had to be more than the brightly coloured plastic I remembered from childhood.

As I discovered, this is very much the case. Yes, there were watches made of brightly coloured plastic and some were, indeed, for kids but there were also leather straps, metal, minimalist designs, collaborations, watches for decoration, watches for active folks, watches made for specific occasions and holidays and a collection of several trends all designed just for the SS16 season.

In fact, there were more types than I could adequately touch on in this piece without turning it into a catalogue or a three volume edition. So, instead, I'm just going to mention some of my favourites from the day. The key trends and collections, however, were Es War Einmal (featuring pared-back designs inspired by Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Dracula) Beach Swing, Metallix, Florals and Power-Tracking with additional special pieces for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and a collaboration with Alessandro Mendini.

There were some really sweet pieces in the Florals collection as well as some dainty pieces throughout with chain and metal bands but I was most taken in by the minimalist pieces in the Metallix and Power-Track collections as well as the animated Es War Einmal collection. All of my favourites were around the 70 quid mark which is very reasonable for a watch, especially for ones coming from such a respected brand and with such fashionable designs. 

If you're in the market for a watch, maybe consider a Swatch...

IMG_4366

IMG_4370

IMG_4373

IMG_4371

IMG_4381

IMG_4384

IMG_4387

IMG_4390

IMG_4393

IMG_4398

IMG_4399

IMG_4402

IMG_4403

IMG_4406

IMG_4407

IMG_4408

IMG_4410

IMG_4412

IMG_4416

IMG_4417

IMG_4418

IMG_4419

IMG_4421

IMG_4422

IMG_4423

IMG_4424

IMG_4425

IMG_4428

IMG_4429

IMG_4430

Which one is your favourite?

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook - instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment