Monday, 5 October 2015

Wide-Eyed and Blind x Vanish

High neck tops are a great love of mine but there's a wee problem with them, or a fatal fault in their design - you have to drag that narrower fabric over your face to remove it or put it on. And try as you might to avoid it, you're going to rub your face. And even if you put it on before applying make-up, or take it off only after you've supposedly and apparently removed every scrap of make-up...you're still going to find traces on it.

Of course, my two favourite tops like this are white around the neck - the perfect place for it! Even with my rather thorough skincare and wariness of, and preparedness for, this whole issue, I managed to stain both with BB cream.

When Vanish contacted me to collab, it seemed like a partnership made in heaven as it brought my love of clothes and make-up - and their unfortunate pairing - together with my desire to be better about waste. I'll be damned if I'll label a perfectly good item of clothing as "ruined" and have to throw it away! Stain removal is very much the way forward as we can't all do a Britney and just buy a new item every time.

So, when I did my washing last week, I tried out their Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder along with my normal detergent for my colours and used the Vanish Gold for Whites Powder on the neckline of my black and white high neck top and on the entirety of my white high neck top. To give the stain removal an extra boost I also pre-treated the necklines with a mixture of 1/4 scoop of powder and 3/4 scoop of water which I applied and rubbed into the stain. I can report that everything then came out clear and perfect and ready to be worn again instead of tossed away!

If you want to give this a go for yourself, I'm actually doing a giveaway with Vanish. I have one of each of the powders to give to a reader in Ireland or the UK. Sadly it's limited to this area but next time, guys! I also know that this is kind of random but the kind people at Vanish offered and you might as well save yo clothes and yo dollahs at the same time.

All you have to do is be following me here on the blog, my facebook or twitter accounts and comment below with which one so I can verify! I'll randomly pick one then and contact you. Entries are open until midnight on the 12th of October 2015.

P.S. The Vanish site is great! They have a database of info on loads of different kinds of stains and how to deal with them so it saves you having to google for ages for reliable information.

IMG_1931

IMG_1933

IMG_1934
IMG_1937
Before on Top 1
IMG_1943
An after on Top 2


(These items were sent to me to review. All thoughts and opinions, however, are my own)

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment