Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Karen Millen AW15 with Louise Roe

On Monday evening I left work and made my way over to Brown Thomas where I was handed a glass of champagne and tried to juggle all my bags as I stood among a bunch of rather excited bloggers. You see, Louise Roe - who has had the kind of career most of us dream of - was in-house to give us a run-through of Karen Millen AW15 and their major trends.

The usual, leading faces in the Irish modelling world filed on stage in what I wouldn't have come to usually expect from the brand. As Ms Roe pointed out, Karen Millen brings to mind party dresses. I think of it as occasionwear, elegant, pretty. But what I saw before me was cooler, edgier. And I do so love when a brand surprises me in a positive way!

One of the main trends that the house is putting out there is Seventies. We're seeing it everywhere but Karen Millen are offering pieces that aren't at all costumey and very much take the best of that era and forget the woeful. It's modernised, sleeker.

Another of the other key trends is more gothic with a touch of Victoriana. Think lace, beading, embroidery. It's clothes made with intense love and attention to detail - all carefully constructed in their Shoreditch atelier. Again, though, the inspiration is just that, inspiration. It veers from costume into something wearable which will easily fit into wardrobes all over.

Minimalism is also back again with classics given a twist and made anew. Great for AW as its comfortable and practical, this interpretation, however, also incorporates some colour and pattern so that you can look chic and cool but maybe try something a little different and new.

Overall, the collection wasn't what I expected. In fact, it was much more than that with something for lots of different women and the kind of immaculate detail and construction that you usually pay a lot more for.

P.S. I want that suedette shirt-dress.

IMG_1563

IMG_1546

IMG_1553

IMG_1554

IMG_1555

IMG_1557

IMG_1558

IMG_1559

*


Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment