Friday, 21 August 2015

Transitional Trends SS15-AW15

It's an awkward time of year for dressing, right? Especially in Ireland where the rain is torrential one day and the temperatures are the hottest of the summer the next. I can't say I get it right even most of the time but with fashion, much is about fantasy rather than reality. And in an ideal world I get it right 100% of the time and look perfect while doing it. Goals, amirite?

However, just because getting transitional dressing down is hard, doesn't mean we should just fantasise and give up on reality. We can struggle to not melt or freeze while maintaining a sense of style and a semblance of having your shit together.

Over the past few seasons, I've done trend reports on my own trends rather than regurgitating things you've seen everywhere else. I'm here to do that again today. Of course, I'm picking items that are in stores and I'm not immune to outside influences, ergo these trends aren't a million miles off what is currently in. All the same, it's my personal take on things, bearing in mind the things that are influencing me and that I'm digging in a major way.

1. Denim on denim on denim.

(I've now typed that four times and the word "denim" has lost all meaning to me) Denim is everywhere. Always a staple, it's been especially visible in the past couple seasons and this doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I've also made it a trend I was obsessed with before. However, this emphasis means that the high street also is offering some seriously chic and cool options which has bolstered my obsession. Gimme.

Plus, the last outfit with the flowy lyocell shirt and black Jamie Jeans from Topshop is one I've been wearing alot, being both breezy and loose enough for warmth, and warm enough with a jacket in the evenings.

Denim on denim on denim


2. Dapper AF.

Being dapper is great. You get to walk around feeling fancy. There's also a gamut of dapper for all weather variations from just a good shirt and pants (or structured leggings if the shirt is long enough), to a suit, to a big, elegant, tailored coat. Basically, this look has got you covered no matter what the weather. Plus, layers! Layers are your friend.

Dapper AF


3. Boyish Korean Style.

Last but not least (but favourite, actually), is Boyish Korean Style. My fascination with South Korea this summer has gotten pretty intense. I haven't listened to English-speaking music on more than five occasions in the past four months, am exclusively watching Korean shows and my interest in their cosmetics and clothing brands has intensified. They're just so damn stylish. Especially, in my opinion, the male population. Think skinny jeans, stripes, oversize sweaters and cardigans, funky prints and pops of colour and a blurring of gender lines by Western standards. Right down my alley and comfy as all hell. It's kinda the ultimate transitional way of dressing.

Boyish Korean Style



So, what do you guys think of these trends? Any you're interested in?

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment