Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Naked Smoky Launch

One of the biggest beauty launches this year for beauty bloggers and the general public alike is the latest in the iconic Naked palettes, a serious cult beauty product, the Naked Smoky by Urban Decay. I've never owned a Naked palette before, much as I wanted number three, but I've always admired them and borrowed other people's. I loved the sneak peek I got a couple weeks ago but after seeing the Naked Smoky in person, I'm kind of a goner. It's as lovely as people say. Lovelier, in fact.

Despite the emphasis on smokiness, it's still a Naked palette and there are plenty of wearable nude shades in there. In particular, lots of pretty shimmery shades in lighter colours that anyone could wear at any time of day.

Those smoky shades that the palette is named for, though, are very much present. The centre of the palette is a mixture of grey, black, brown and purplish charcoal tones that make my teenaged Punk self weep for joy. As you'll see from the pictures, I swatched away and couldn't get over how pigmented and pretty every shade was. My swatching was so thorough, in fact, that you may see my arm on other blogs as I garnered a wee bit of attention with my commitment to testing the colours out!

The brush is one of the best parts to me, it looks perfect for blending out or precision and just feels nice in the hand, well-balanced. The packaging is also a bonus. Straying from the previous palettes a little, it's in a much sturdier plastic case that appeals to my clumsy soul and is also just super-pretty.

Is it love, then? It's too soon to tell but it's certainly infatuation!

The palette launches on the 6th of August and retail at €46. Debenhams are even opening at 8am on the day so that people can get their hands on it before work as smaller counters are expected to sell out before the end of the day. Larger counters will probably be okay until the weekend but bear in mind that 8,000 people in Ireland alone have already placed their names on waiting list and stocks have sold out twice so far in the US.

Madness!

IMG_0556

IMG_0590

IMG_0582

IMG_0589

IMG_0586

IMG_0585

IMG_0577

IMG_0571

*

Liked this post? Want more?

Follow me here using google friend connect or bloglovin.

Or follow me on tumblr - twitter - facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment